So you want to set some goals…here are six important guidelines to remember while you are setting them:
- Your goal must include others. – No goal in life is worthwhile if you’re not ultimately helping others.
- Your goal must be worthwhile. – There are no successful frivolous goals.
- Your goal must be clear. – If you aim at nothing you’ll hit it every time.
- Your goal must be measurable. – You should be able to see your progress toward your goal.
- Your goal must be expandable. – If its not expandable, it’s expendable. We need to continually “up” our goals. It’s a sad day when we realize we have achieved our goals and have nothing else to do.
- Your goals must be filled with conviction. – Conviction is the unshaken confidence that the goal is worthwhile.