- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, egg white, butter, and lemon peel. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the oat mixture, stirring until just moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Spoon four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the skillet and cook until the tops begin to bubble slightly, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Turn the pancakes and cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes longer, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining batter. Divide the maple syrup over the pancakes.
Serves: 12 Prep: 15min |Cook: 35min |Total: 50min
Calories 129.7, Fat 2.4g, Carbs 24.6g, Protein 3.6g