- 1 pound pre-cut beef for stir-fry
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- Combine beef, garlic, ginger and soy sauce in a bowl and let stand.
- Wash broccoli thoroughly and cut into florets. Trim and peel stems and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat, add broccoli florets and stems, then stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and stir until water evaporates. Transfer broccoli to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan, add beef mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir together broth and cornstarch, add to meat and stir-fry until sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes longer. Add broccoli and bean sprouts, then cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 12g