Power pack your breakfast and kick off your day with these simple and tasty Protein Powder Waffles. You can make almond flour by chopping slivered almonds in a food processor, or you can purchase it pre-ground.
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup whey-protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
4 oz regular cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream
- While your waffle iron preheats, combine the almond flour, pecans, whey-protein powder, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream cheese and two eggs until smooth.
- Add the remaining eggs one at a time and whisk thoroughly after each.
- Mix in the cream, then stir in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter onto the hot waffle iron and cook for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Top with sugar-free syrup, peanut butter, or fresh fruit. Or let them cool, place in a ziplock bag, and freeze. When you’re ready to eat one, just pop it in the toaster.
Makes about six 7-inch waffles
Per waffle: 382 calories, 27 grams (g) protein, 12 g carbohydrates (3 g fiber, 3 g sugar), 29 g fat (9 g saturated)